What is the best career based decision you ever made?
Mine, was to study for the RHS Master of Horticulture Award.
The letter informing me I had passed the Master of Horticulture popped though my letterbox some 33 years ago and the Master of Horticulture is still opening doors for me today.
With the closing date for applications looming (4th September) I thought it might be helpful to share 10 things the Master of Horticulture has done for me.
- The Master of Horticulture has given me a degree level, professional qualification which has added credibility to my CV for 33 years.
- The Master of Horticulture has increased my salary, with a pay rise many years ago backdated to the date I passed the qualification.
- The Master of Horticulture has taught me how to research a topic, how to review the reliability of information sources and how to write up reports.
- The Master of Horticulture has developed and developed that one thing that unites all horticulturists, a love of plants
- The Master of Horticulture has given me confidence in my own professional capabilities.
- The Master of Horticulture has backed up and added credibility to reports written as part of expert witness work.
- The Master of Horticulture continues to open doors, in the last year it has been a key part of my application for Chartered Horticulturist status with the Chartered Institute of Horticulture.
- The Master of Horticulture has opened doors as a business consultant, and as a garden writer
- The Master of Horticulture proudly declares the holder is a practical horticulturist who also has a deep and thorough level of understanding.
- The Master of Horticulture says the holder is a Master of their Profession, and that has been a constant source of pride and reassurance.
I could not recommend any qualification more highly, and if you are looking to develop your career in this amazing industry then can I recommend the Master of Horticulture, just click here for more information: RHS MHort Factsheet